Saturday, March 3, 2012

Snowbasin Ski Resort - Time Lapses

As I've been watching time lapse videos on YouTube, I've noticed that several people have done videos where they are moving while taking the time lapse. Here are a couple of examples that I like.



I decided to try this technique while on the Becker ski lift at Snowbasin. Here is the video I made.


There are a lot of things that I don't like about the quality but I am excited to see that the technique works. I want to try it while driving by setting up the tripod and camera in the passenger seat. With my interval timer, I can hit the button once and not have touch it again until I stop the car. I want to try it while riding my bike but I may need different gear for that because my tripod and DSLR would be overwhelming to ride with!

While I was up as Snowbasin, I also took a more traditional time lapse overlooking Porcupine lift and the Ogden Valley.




1 comment: